Federal state: Saxony-Anhalt
Foundation of the association: 1991
Size: approx. 103,737 hectares
Geographic location: south of Saxony-Anhalt, Germany
- Cultural landscape with Fruit orchards, terraced vineyards, forests and dry grasslands with southern diffused plants.
- Valleys texturing the landscape and according the landscape a pleasant diversity.
- Rocks of the Triassic Epochs give distinction to the Nature Park.
- many cultural and historical famous places (castles, palaces, monasteries)
Function of the Nature Park:
- Professional documentation about the preservation and development of the Nature Park
- Coordination of the preservation of the landscape, particularly in light of aesthetic and cultural-historical considerations
- Coordination of scientific research
- Environmental Education
- Coordination of project grants
Aims and purposes of the Nature Park:
- Preservation and sustainable utilisation of the Nature Park region
- successful cooperation and coexistenz between the nature reserve and the economic sector in the region
The Nature Park Saale-Unstrut-Triasland is a member of the Association of German Nature Parks.